Version 3 of Recfishwest’s popular and trusted Smartphone App launched recently with new features built in to make your fishing even more stress free than before.
The new version of the App has a new feature to help fishers better identify and understand where Marine Parks are located in WA and what fishing activities people can and can’t do within each park.
Recfishwest CEO Dr Andrew Rowland said that with many different Marine Parks Statewide (Commonwealth and State Marine Parks) containing confusing ‘zoning’ rules & information about what fishing activities are allowed in each zone, it was important to simplify the rules for everyone, as currently all of this information is not in one easy to access location.
“We’ve responded to calls from our community to help them better understand WA’s complex Marine Park fishing rules and as the trusted peak body working on behalf of rec fishers we’ve built the new mapping feature in our App to help make their fishing easier,” Dr Rowland said.
”Coupled with WA’s fishing rules, such as bag and size limits, the mapping feature gives all West Aussie fishers confidence they are doing the right thing – and essentially supporting sustainable fishing.”
You will also see a change to the initial App loading screen. Shimano Australia have become Supporting Partners of the Recfishwest App, supporting sustainable fishing in Western Australia.
As a worldwide trusted brand, Shimano believe that supporting WA’s peak body for recreational fishing is good for the industry and great for getting more people out fishing.
Read more about our new partnership here.
Here are the new features of Version 3 of the Recfishwest Smartphone App:
- The Marine Park Mapping Tool:
- Allows people to fish stress free by knowing where the Marine Park Zones are located and what activities you can and cannot do.
- The maps are downloadable to your phone, so once you leave phone range, the maps are available to you at the touch of a button.
- Notifications of Marine Parks will be sent to your screen once you enter and exit a Marine Park (The App must be open to receive Marine Park notifications)
- Search Function:
- Once a fish is searched and clicked on, upon returning to the search page, you will be returned to your previously searched for fish – rather than being returned to the top of fish search page
To unlock these new features, please update your Recfishwest App in the App Store.