The promotion of sustainable fishing is reflected in many of Recfishwest’s policies and is a key pillar of our beliefs and values.
We’re always looking for better ways to build resilience within our oceans and waterways, minimise the impact of pollution on our environment and advocate for better, safer and cleaner recreational fishing experiences for all West Aussies.
Recfishwest oversees a number of projects which restore, enhance and create new habitat for fish, whether that be through investments as part of the Recreational Fishing Initiatives Fund (RFIF) or accepting and administering projects put forward by WA’s recreational fishing sector through our Community Grants program.
With a network made up on individuals, communities, organisations and government working together, we are proud to lead the way in sustainable fishing and play our role in:
- Minimising the impact of waste and rubbish on our aquatic environment;
- Maintaining healthy coastal and estuarine environments;
- Improving the water quality of our river and estuarine systems;
- Improving and creating fish habitats; and;
- Contributing to a better fishing future.
Check out some of the projects we’re involved in to improve our marine and fishing environments: