What information do we collect?
We do not collect any personal information about you (such as your name or email address) from your use of this website, except where you have specifically provided us with that information. If you specifically and knowingly provide any personal information to us via this website, you consent to Recfishwest using that personal information lawfully at its sole and absolute discretion, including for the purposes of providing promotional and marketing materials by other means. You must obtain the consent of any third person whose personal information you post to this website.
Whenever you use our website, or any other website, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous. We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. We may also collect from you, but not limited to: full name, mailing address, email address, age, gender, shirt size, telephone number.
Why do we keep personal details as records?
Recfishwest obtains your personal information, once it has been provided by you:
- As required by us under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 “an up-to-date register of all members, including their residential or postal addresses.”
- To send you correspondence.
- If your financial membership lapses, your contact details will be maintained and classed as a free member until we receive your unsubscribe notification.
What do we do with your personal details?
Recfishwest only uses your personal details for the primary purpose of when your details were obtained, unless stated otherwise. Your personal details may be used:
- To send correspondence to your provided mailing or email address where permission is given by you.
- To inform financial members of any corporate governance updates. example Annual General Meeting notices.
- To review your existing details to maintain accuracy and relevance.
- Where photographs have been taken and you give Recfishwest your personal details to be used for purposes such as marketing, media and/ or promotions. Note: no personal details, except name and geographic location (not address) will be provided by the mentioned purposes.
- Where registering participants attending a Recfishwest Fishing Clinic for insurance and public liability purposes.
- To process financial member payments, in which any bank or credit card details will be destroyed after initial use.
- To create a membership account.
Do we disclose information about our users to anyone else?
We may share general information about the use of our site with advertisers, sponsors, content providers and other third parties. However, we generally only disclose aggregate, anonymous information about our users and except where otherwise specifically required to do so, will not disclose any personally identifiable information to any third party without your approval. On occasions it may become necessary to release personal information, including if we are required to do so to satisfy a legal obligation. For example, we may disclose the total number of “hits” our sites receive, or how often the average user visits our site, or which terms are most often entered in our site search engine. Further, as a necessary adjunct to the proper operation of our website, our staff and technical contractors, who are subject to obligations of confidentiality to us, may gain access to personal information as part of their service.
How do we keep your personal details secure?
Recfishwest securely holds your personal details in a membership database. This database:
- Is only accessed by the Office Manager and the Administration Assistant.
- Is not made public to 3rd parties.
- Is held on a secure premises, with daily server back up.
- Only holds relevant information of an individual.
- Is reviewed regularly to keep up to date information.
- Is driven by internal procedures and systems to ensure security of details.
Do we keep Email we receive from you?
We receive and reply to email from users on a regular basis. For record-keeping purposes we retain copies of most email sent to us. We do not anticipate that the information in the email we receive or send will be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender, either express or implied, unless required or necessary as specified in the previous paragraph.
Links to other sites