Our commitment to you
Recfishwest exists, and is committed to advancing your interests as a recreational fisher by:
- being recognised as a major stakeholder in aquatic ecosystem management, participating in fisheries management to ensure the sustainability and abundance of fish species, and their habitat,
- promoting and advocating responsible recreational fishing, assisting with the education of fishers, and promoting the recreational fishing experience,
- representing, advocating, and advancing the interests and rights of all Western Australian recreational fishing stakeholders on any issues which affect the participation, development, sustainability of recreational fishing, and the abundance of fish,
- ensuring an adequate and reasonable share of the available resources and opportunities to optimise the social and economic benefits of accessing and harvesting that share, and
- actively engaging in such activities that will assist and promote recreational fishing.
In our daily operation we collect data and maintain the highest level of management to:
- protecting the privacy of your personal information, and managing that information in an open and transparent way,
- only using your personal information to deliver you a service, or perform other necessary business functions, and activities to achieve our stated goals, and
- not using or disclosing your personal information for purposes unrelated to our business activities and stated goals unless we first obtain your consent.
Our privacy obligations
We are bound by the requirements of these laws, which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose, and store your personal information. These laws also specify how individuals may access and correct information held by us about them.
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identifiable individual (or an individual who is reasonably identifiable), whether true or not, or recorded in a material form or not. For example, this type of information could include your name, contact details, age, and address.
If you would like us to send you a hard copy of this policy, please email us and we will do so.
What information do we collect?
We do not collect any personal information about you (such as your name or email address) from your use of this website, except where you have specifically provided us with that information. If you specifically and knowingly provide any personal information to us via this website, you are consenting to Recfishwest using that personal information lawfully at its sole and absolute discretion, including for the purposes of providing promotional and marketing materials by other means. You must obtain the consent of any third person whose personal information you post to this website.
Whenever you use our website, app, or other web sites such as our Facebook page, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous. We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. We may also collect from you, including but not limited to your: full name, mailing address, email address, age, gender, shirt size, telephone number, and external service providers analytical data.
Why do we keep personal details as records?
Recfishwest obtains your personal information, once it has been provided by you, as required under Division 5 Register of members of the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (WA) “an up-to-date register of all members, including their residential or postal addresses.” sections 53 – 57.
This satisfies our statutory obligation and allows us to forward correspondence. For example, if your financial membership lapses, your contact details allow us to classify you as a free member until we receive your unsubscribe notification.
What do we do with your personal details?
Recfishwest only uses your personal details for the primary purpose of when your details were obtained, unless stated otherwise. Your personal details may be used to:
- send correspondence to your provided mailing or email address where permission is given by you,
- inform financial members of any corporate governance updates. example Annual General Meeting notices under Division 4 Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (WA) sections 50 – 51, and
- review your existing details to maintain accuracy and relevance.
Where photographs have been taken and you give Recfishwest your personal details to be used for purposes such as marketing, media and/or promotions.
Note: no personal details, except name and geographic location (not address) will be provided by the mentioned purposes.
When registering participants attending a Recfishwest Fishing Clinic for insurance and public liability purposes.
We also use your information to:
- process financial member payments, in which any bank, or credit card details will be destroyed after initial use,
- create membership accounts, and
- deliver other functions in accordance with our Members Protection Policy
Do we disclose information about our users to anyone else?
We may share general information about the use of our site with advertisers, sponsors, content providers, and other third parties. However, we only disclose aggregate, anonymous information about our users, and except where otherwise specifically required to do so, will not disclose any personally identifiable information to any third party without your approval. On occasions it may become necessary to release personal information, including if we are required to do so to satisfy a legal obligation. For example, we may disclose the total number of “hits” our sites receive, or how often the average user visits our site, or which terms are most often entered in our site search engine. Further, as a necessary adjunct to the proper operation of our website, our staff, and technical contractors, who are subject to obligations of confidentiality to us, may gain access to personal information as part of their service.
How do we keep your personal details secure?
Recfishwest securely holds your personal details in a membership database. This database is:
- only accessed by the Office Manager, and the Administration Assistant,
- not made public to 3rd parties,
- held on a secure premises, with daily server backup,
- only holds relevant information of an individual,
- reviewed regularly to keep up to date information, and
- is driven by internal procedures and systems to ensure security of your details.
Recfishwest uses various information technology, third party service providers and cloud computing services for web hosting, data storage, email, document storage, word processing and practice management. This means that all electronic communications including without limitation, email communication and associated attached documents provided to the Recfishwest electronically may be stored by a secured cloud service provider on its servers.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information held in our possession against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or misuse.
Do we keep emails we receive from you?
We receive and reply to email from users on a regular basis. For record-keeping purposes, we retain copies of most email received and sent to and by us. We do not anticipate that the information in the email we receive or send will be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender, either express or implied permission, unless required or necessary as specified in the previous paragraph, or by law.
Links to other sites
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, comments or would like more information concerning privacy issues.