Do you love fishing? Do you have a passion for making a difference in your community?
Do you believe WA should have the best fishing found anywhere in the world? Do you want to influence fisheries management in WA?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Recfishwest believes that WA can offer the best fishing experiences found anywhere in the world, and we’re offering positions on our Next Wave Future Leaders team for driven individuals who are willing to commit to ensuring this vision is reached.
Being part of the NextWave team is challenging, exciting, sometimes confronting, but ultimately extremely rewarding.
Previous participants in this program have gone onto achieve great things in fisheries management. Many now occupy roles in the recreational fishing sector and many future opportunities exist for the right people who are committed to making a difference.
Criteria for becoming part of the team:
- Love fishing;
- Have a clear vision for the future of fishing in WA;
- Be between the ages of 18 – 35 years (age range is flexible depending on applicant);
- Be available to volunteer to help with projects and events that seek to achieve this vision;
- Be able to operate in a team environment; and,
- Be able to commit to a two year term on the Next Wave team (intermittently throughout the year).
We will provide an environment for you to help make fishing better in WA, including:
- Entry level training in fisheries management, advocacy, community engagement and leadership skills;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Opportunities to contribute to fisheries decision making; and
- Building knowledge through exposure to fisheries management and leadership experts.
The program runs every two years with the next intake occurring early 2021.
Stay up-to-date on our website and social media, to find out when the next intakes are occurring and how you can apply.