Since May this year, Western Angler editor Scott Coghlan has taken Recfishwest members to some of the best fishing locations WA has to offer in his incredibly popular weekly column — Scott’s Spots.
From the remote Rowley Shoals, situated about 260km west of Broome on the north-western Australian coast, to the Kalgan River near Albany in the State’s south, Scott’s Spots has explored the many amazing fishing opportunities across the State.
Delving into his personal fishing experiences and knowledge, the Scott’s Spots series provided an expert overview of some of WA’s most iconic fishing locations and some of those less well known ones off the beaten track.
At Recfishwest, we want fishers to get out there and experience WA’s fantastic fishing that WA. We’ve consolidated all of the articles from the Scott’s Spots series to help you start planning your next fishing adventure!
Great Southern and South Coast
- Albany, the spot with something for everyone
- Kalgan River, more than one of WA’s best bream fishing spots
- Fishing the invigorating Cheynes Beach
- Esperance, more than just magical beaches and scenery
- Pemberton, your South West freshwater escape
- Waroona and Harvey, two tranquil trout settings
- Walpole, a wonderful fishing wilderness
Perth and Mandurah
- Swan River, the jewel in Perth city’s crown
- Rottnest Island, more than a place for quokka selfies
- Mandurah, an underrated fishing gem
- The amazing Abrolhos Islands
- Superb fishing options at Jurien Bay
- Kalbarri, a Mid West fishing wonderland
- Exmouth, excellent fishing in turquoise water
- Denham, the gateway to Shark Bay
- Steep Point, one of the greatest fishing locations on Earth
- Carnarvon, exciting fishing action in a fine location
- Mackerel Islands, there’s nowhere quite like it
- Montebello Islands, a magnificent fishing destination