Following on from two years of hugely successful Recfishwest Limited Edition Membership Lures, 12-year-old Luke Satie from Waikiki, has designed our 2017 Limited Edition lure, called ‘O-Fishally Fishy’.In partnership with local WA lure and tackle specialists Halco, Recfishwest gave kids at the Mandurah Boat Show and the Gone Fishing Day event the chance to design Recfishwest’s 2017 Limited Edition Lure and become fishing famous.
A keen fisher with an eye for lure design, young Luke designed the Limited Edition lure with the aim of ‘catching big fish.’ The Laser Pro 120 design is green on top, blended down through the body of the lure to gold then into a purple on the belly, giving it the perfect silhouette profile.
Once notified as the winner, Luke and his family headed down to the Halco factory in Fremantle for a private tour with the lure experts. Luke got an up close and personal look at lure design, lure artwork and graphics and lure testing in a tour that many fishers would die for.
We’ve now seen three Limited Edition lures come from the fishers of tomorrow with 5-year-old Sarah, twins Dean and Rylee, age 10, and now 12-year-old Luke bringing the Members of Recfishwest a lure you can’t get anywhere else in the world.
This new lure can be yours!
We have been bringing you the best, most up to date information on all issues affecting your fishing in WA for many years now. You would have read our monthly Broad Cast (with over 60 editions published), our weekly Fishing Reports plus seen various ‘Breaking News’ stories where we’ve battled to make fishing better for all West Aussies.
You might remember some of these:
• Delivered, for the second year running, the hugely successful Snapper Guardians Project – which has seen over 100,000 juvenile Pink Snapper released into Cockburn Sound
• Stocked hundreds of thousands of fish around the state including Barramundi in the Kimberley, Mulloway and Pink Snapper on the West Coast; plus millions of Prawns in Perth metro waters.
• Helped deliver you enhanced fishing opportunities through the installation of 4 Artificial Reefs in WA, with 3 more planned in the coming years.
• Had a win for the community in securing your fishing licence money fund that was set to be cut by $800,000
• Convinced the government to prioritise Herring for recreation and human consumption purposes
It’s our job to represent you and the fishing community of WA to ensure you have safe, accessible, sustainable and enjoyable fishing experiences.
So, how do you get your hands on one?
There are two ways that you can get your hands on this year’s Recfishwest Limited Edition Halco Lure:
1. Join the thousands of current Recfishwest members and become a Premium Member!
2. Or, renew your current Recfishwest Premium Membership with us. All renewing Premium Members will still receive the new Limited Edition Lure, but instead of receiving a T-shirt every year, you’ll receive a new member’s only drink cooler for 2017, adding to your Recfishwest merchandise.
With your support, we can continue to deliver World Class initiatives that make your fishing better and ensures your kids will have great fishing for years to come.
To join us or to see what else you receive as a Premium Recfishwest Member.