After the success of last years event, Recfishwest would like to invite you once again to be part of something special and help us release trout by hand and celebrate all things freshwater fishing.
Event details: Saturday 1st September 2018
Starts at 10am to 1:30pm
Drakesbrook Weir, Weir Rd Waroona 6215
What to bring: the whole family with an appetite for fun! You’re welcome to also bring your own rods, lures, sunscreen, hats, weather proof clothing and picnic sets.
The day will include:
- Trout Stocking – help us release over 2000 trout into the dam by hand
- Freshwater Fishing Tuition for all ages (30 rods provided) – Members of the Western Australian Trout and Freshwater Fishing Association will be on hand to teach you all about fishing in freshwater, along with our Recfishwest Fishing Clinic Instructors and NextWave Future Leaders Team Members
- Fly Fishing Casting Demos – ever wanted to try your hand at fly casting? What better way to learn than from some of the WA’s top fly casters!
- Freshwater Tackle and Rigging Information and Demonstrations – Learn all you need to know about tackle and rigging for freshwater fishing
- Sausage sizzle and soft drinks hosted by the Waroona Lions Club
LICENCE FREE DAY Registrations FREE but essential.
Relive the excitement from last years event!
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is parking available at the event, however it is limited. Its best to get there early to get a good spot.
What can I bring into the event?
You’re welcome to bring chairs, fishing rods, bait and lures. You should also bring weather proof clothing, a change of clothes and /gumboots reef shoes.
We will have rods, lures and bait available however it will be limited.
You may also like to bring along a canoe/kayak.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
We will have a Facebook page where you can ask any questions leading up to the event, alternatively you can email email@example.com or call the office on (08) 9246 3366 between 9 -5pm Monday – Friday.
Where else can I fish if this event is full?
Harvey Dam, Waroona, Logue Brook Dam, Big Brook Dam, Warren River and Donelly River are all excellent places for freshwater fishing if this event is full.
Want to know more about upcoming events? Visit our Events Calendar.