Are you a young fisher with a passion for making a difference?
Have you ever wanted to be part of an organisation that strives for sustainable, accessible, enjoyable and safe fishing for all West Australians?
Recfishwest is seeking young motivated recreational fishers who can commit to being part of the next wave of leaders in the recreational fishing sector.
The NextWave program will see participants undertake training in fisheries management, communication, education and leadership.
The NextWave team will be called upon to support Recfishwest in its role as the peak body representing the interests of recreational fishers in WA.
As part of this team, you will be expected to:
- Commit to a two year position on the NextWave team
- Provide input on initiatives to improve recreational fishing for the community
- Educate the next generation of recreational fishers through the Recfishwest fishing clinic program
- Support Recfishwest at public events such as boat and fishing shows
Successful candidates will be provided with:
- Two workshops held by fisheries management and leadership experts
- Ongoing mentoring from experts in the fisheries management and leadership fields
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities
The first workshop will be held from Saturday 14th May to Wednesday 18th May 2016.
If you are interested in becoming part of NextWave, Download: Recfishwest YFL – Expression of Interest 2016 or contact the Recfishwest office on 9246 3366.