Recfishwest Reference Groups are advisory groups that provide information to Recfishwest on current issues associated with the state’s recreational Rock Lobster and freshwater fisheries. This is a great opportunity for fishers to provide input into fisheries management and ensure sustainable, accessible, enjoyable and safe fishing for the recreational fishing community.
Recfishwest Reference Groups are composed of passionate and dedicated fishers who are interested in contributing to the management of fishing in WA by providing advice to the Recfishwest Board on issues associated with specific fisheries. Members apply through an expressions of interest process and sit for a three year term.
Recfishwest’s current Reference Groups include:
- Recfishwest Western Rock Lobster Reference Group
- Recfishwest Freshwater Fisheries Reference Group
- We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a Recfishwest Abalone Reference Group
The criteria for fishers to sit on a reference group include:
- Be an active recreational fisher, and have held a licence in the relevant fishery continuously for at least 3 years.
- Be prepared to attend meetings during business hours
- Have no convictions relating to recreational or commercial fishing